Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter in Indonesia

We had a great Easter weekend and hope you did also.  Even with 90% of the country Muslim, Good Friday is a national holiday in Indonesia.  The Easter Bunny did not show up---and that was nice!  The focus was appropriately on the Atonement and Resurrection of the Savior.  We had 15 people over for dinner on Saturday evening.  The missionaries brought people they had been teaching.  After dinner we watched The Testaments, a movie about the birth, life and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  The Spirit was felt and everyone left uplifted.
I am taking the picture!

1 comment:

  1. I for some reason never saw the comment button--I feel a bit foolish about that--oh well, I love how you spent Easter! The group in the picture look like they all had a wonderful time at the Beaman apartment. We love reading about your mission--you are in our prayers everyday! I am so proud of the two of you! Keep up the great work! Love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete